A NOTE FROM RIDE
Dear RIDE Community:
Last week our Calgary training studio team was informed on July 13th that a member of our training community had tested positive for COVID-19. RIDE immediately responded and took the following actions:
1. As soon as RIDE was made aware of the positive case RIDE immediately shut down all Calgary operations and deployed a notification and awareness strategy.
2. In advance of government instruction, we informed any individual who was invited into the space for a private class from July 6th- July 13th to contact Alberta Health Services, get tested, and to self-isolate. We made ourselves available for anyone who attended an invite-only training class and RIDE has been working diligently with Alberta Health Services.
3. We immediately mandated all Calgary RIDE staff and trainees be tested and self-isolate. No RIDE staff member who was part of the training during this time has been to another RIDE studio, all members have been following government regulations and are self-isolating.
4. We released a national email to our entire ridership distribution list to ensure no one was missed.
5. We responded to all immediate media and press inquiries with the most up-to-date details as we prioritized awareness for the Calgary community.
We believe that it is the responsibility of any business operating during this time to advise stakeholders immediately if an employee or client tests positive for COVID-19. All RIDE SAFE standards were upheld throughout our Calgary training space with bikes distanced 9-ft apart in addition to enhanced sanitization procedures. The space was first used for training instructors only, as RIDE is preparing to open its full studio in the coming months.
We remain unaware of how the virus entered our space, but we are aware of two positive cases from another Calgary studio that were confirmed on July 2nd. Individuals from that studio attended one of the invite-only training sessions between July 7th – July 11th. We continue to work closely with Alberta Health Services, and continue to make ourselves available for anyone who attended a training class
Our Calgary training Facility will remain closed until we feel it is absolutely safe to reopen as the health and safety of our RIDE community, our staff, and the city of Calgary remain priority number one.
All Vancouver RIDE studios are unaffected by COVID-19 and will continue to operate with RIDE SAFE standards and protocols. Toronto RIDE studios remain temporarily closed until we receive the green light from the provincial government.
The health and safety of our RIDE community and staff remain first priority and each RIDE studio adheres to strict RIDE SAFE protocols. Having said that, we are all in this together and for our RIDE SAFE protocols to be the most effective, we all need to make sure to do our part. As a reminder please continue to observe the following:
• Practice and follow social distancing markers throughout the studio.
• Masks are not mandatory for clients in the studio but we recommend wearing one in the lobby and removing it at your bike.
• Bring only the necessities to class (towel and water).
• If you do not feel well, have a cough, fever, or any symptoms of COVID-19 please do not book into a class or come into the studio.
• If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come into the studio for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
• If you have travelled, please follow government guidelines and do not return to the studio until it is deemed safe to do so.
• If you socialize with larger group activities please stay diligent and to protect yourself. We love riding with you and want to ensure you stay healthy!
RIDE CYCLE CLUB